We GIVE our FRIENDS the COURAGE to DREAM!
What is the House System?
The house system is an idea adopted from Ron Clark Academy to give students the opportunity to connect with students across classes and grades that they may not normally have a chance to interact with. This helps students gain more friendships and create a family-like culture at all of our schools.
Why a House System?
- Builds character and school-wide community
- Provides opportunities for students to socialize with peers outside of their classes and grade level.
- Students see all adults as positive role models; beyond their classroom teachers.
- Provides youth leadership and mentoring opportunities for staff.
- Promotes a culture of constructive competition where students learn how to be team players and contribute their efforts toward group goals.
- Ultimately, students will learn that those who work hard and stick with it are often the ones who are rewarded.
Get to know the Houses:
Altruismo - The House of Givers
Amistad - The House of Friendship
Isibindi - The House of Courage
Rêveur - The House of Dreamers