Under the Office of the Superintendent, communications from the district to various stakeholders, including parents, staff, and community members, is promoted through the Communications Coordinator. Our communications efforts include print and online publications, social media, parent letters, media relations, teacher and student recognition and special events. We develop crisis communications, serve as a liaison to the media, build relationships between the district and community members and service organizations.
The goal of district communications is to increase parent and community engagement through promoting the achievements of the district through public relations, marketing, and branding efforts. We also aim to ensure our teachers and students have a voice and that the public is informed of all the programs, events, and positive activities in the classroom.
- Only submit photos that are of good quality
- They should be high resolution photos (if using a cell phone, change the settings in your camera app)
- Make sure the photo is facing a light source. Natural light works best. Pictures can be taken in front of a window for the best lighting.
- If there is a photographer that you would like to credit, please put their information in the description section of the form
- Videos should follow the photo format
- Video submissions should be in MP4 or MOV format
- Landscape videos are always better if recording on your phone flip it to be horizontal
- Again, natural light works best
- When writing your description be brief (especially for social media posts)
- Think who, where, what when writing your description
- Are there links that the reader should be guided to
- Should there be any other people or entities tagged in the post
- Include date, time and location if it’s an event
Outside Media Requests